- Original, signed United States passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity, AND with at least 6 months of remaining validity, AND have at least two blank visa pages (amendment pages in the back of your passport are NOT a visa pages) if you do not have any blank visa pages in your passport, click for additional visa pages instructions. If your passport is NOT valid for at least 6 months from your planned date of entry you MUST renew your passport, click for passport renewal instructions.
- One Passport-type photograph: photo MUST be recent, taken within last 6 months, 2×2 inches and in color. Front view, full face and on plain light/white background. Digital or non-professional passport type photographs are not acceptable. Applicant MUST not wear glasses in their photographs.
- Proof of Residence: Please submit a clear copy of applicant’s Driver’s License, Major Utility Bill (Gas, Water, Electric, Sewage) or a copy of a valid/current lease containing both the landlord and tenant signatures. Address on the document can NOT include a P.O. Box Number and MUST match present address on the Visa Application Form.
The following items are NOT accepted:
– Cell Phone Bill.
– Phone Bill (landline).
– Credit Card Statement.
– Bank Statement.
– Cable Bill.
- A clear enlarge photocopy or scanned copy of your drivers license or ID is recommended.
- Proof of Departure: Copy of your trip itinerary or letter of confirmation from a travel agency confirming entry and exit from India, the itinerary must show the name, date of arrival and departure from India.
- Additional Particulars form: you must complete and sign one additional particulars form
- Additional requirements for minors (age 18 and under):
- Birth Certificate: A photocopy of the applicant’s birth certificate is required.
- Parental Authorization: A parental Authorization for minors form from the Indian consulate signed by both parents.
- Parent’s passport copies: NOTARIZED copy of the information pages of both parent’s signed passports.
- Parents driver’s license: NOTARIZED copy of both parents driver’s licenses.
- Persons with Occupation Related to Media: For journalists , writers, photographers,designers and those who work with media, regardless of purpose in India must apply for a journalist visa.
- Persons with Occupation Related to Religion: Any applicant with an occupation related to religion must also include a completed and signed Religion Undertaking letter. The form can be found here. Such applications will extend the processing times and may receive a visa with shorter validity.
- Applicants of Indian Origin: Persons of Indian Origin applying for a visa for the FIRST time on any US passport must submit their Indian passport and a completed Renunciation Form. Persons of Indian Origin who have held an Indian visa in a previous US passport must submit the expired/cancelled US passport.
- Former citizen of Pakistan: At this time Visa Obtainers cannot assist former citizen of Pakistan in obtaining a visa to India. Applicants MUST apply in PERSON.
|Embassy Processing Times
|Regular - Multiple Entry for Up to 180 Days - Valid for 6 Months
|Regular - Multiple Entry for Up to 180 Days - Valid for 5 to 10 Years
|Rush - Multiple Entry for Up to 180 Days - Valid for 6 Months
|Rush - Multiple Entry for Up to 180 Days - Valid for 5 to 10 Years
|Urgent - Multiple Entry for Up to 180 Days - Valid for 6 Months
|Urgent - Multiple Entry for Up to 180 Days - Valid for 5 to 10 Years
|Visa Obtainers Processing Times
|Regular (15 business days)
|Rush (12 business days)
|Urgent (6-8 business days)
Urgent service offers visa expediting to those requiring urgent or emergency visa processing. If you need to depart the US urgently, this service just created for you. Simply select the urgent service when completing the online or the PDF order form.
|Type of shipping
|FedEx Next Day
|FedEx Second Day
|FedEx First OverNight
|FedEx Saturday Delivery
Please fill the VISA form for further processing:
One copy of completed online and signed , once the application form has been printed , no corrections can be made.
Note: please read the online India application guide before you begin to complete the application form (common error to avoid):
- Your surname is your last name-your given name(s) is your first and middle names. You MUST list them on the application form exactly as they are listed in your passport.
- Application forms MUST be printed on TWO separate pieces of papers. Application forms printed back to back on a single page are NOT accepted.
- Applicants are required to sign the visa application in TWO places, on page ONE the applicant MUST sign COMPLETELY inside the box located under the photo area, if any part of the signature is outside the box the application WILL be rejected. On page TWO the applicant must sign on the dotted line at the bottom of the page.
- For duration of the visa you MUST enter 120 months
- For no of entries you must choose multiple entry
- From the “India Mission” drop box list select:
- Washington DC if you are resident of: DC, DE, VA, WV, MD, KY, NC, and Bermuda
- New York, NY if you are resident of: NY, CT, MA, NJ, OH, PA, RI, VT, and NH
- Chicago IL if you are resident of: IL, IN, IA, MN, MO, ND, SD, and WI
- Houston TX if you are resident of: TX, AR, AL, KS, MS and OK
- San Francisco if you are resident of: CA, AK,AZ,CO, HI, ID, MN, OR, and WY
- Atlanta GA if you are resident of: GA, AL, FL, MS, PR, SC, VI, and TN
- Minors signing the visa application: A minor child should sign their name inside the signature box under the photo on the first page of the application. If the child is too young to sign their name, the child’s thumbprint must be stamped inside the signature box under the photo on the first page of the application. On the second page of the application , the minor child should not sign the application. On the second page of the application, both of the child’s parents must sign the application, and both parent’s signature should be NOTARIZED.
India Visa Application Form
You must complete the Visa Obtainers PDF Order Form
The order form gives us your name, address, shipping information and payment method. If you are paying by credit card, please complete the credit card information . You may pay by business, personal check or money order payable to Visa Obtainers, Inc.
Visa Obtainers Order Form
Shipping and Special Instructions
- Urgent applications MUST be shipped via Federal Express priority overnight for delivery by 10:30 am ONLY, do not ship’ first overnight or standard overnight’, click here to search for FedEx location.
- To receive assistance with your application, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (202) 347-2909 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm ESTERN time Monday through Friday. Please visit visaobtainers.com to view our Terms & Conditions.
- We will checklist your visa application materials over the phone so nothing overlooked and you can make us aware of any special circumstances.
- Please visit www.cdc.gov for health requirements for each segment of your trip.
- Every effort will be made to submit your visa application to The Embassy on the day received and we will call you if additional information is required.
- The Us Department of State encourage US citizens to register with the US Embassy in the country they plan to visit, click here to register your trip.