NEW/ FIRST TIME PASSPORT ELIGIBILITY:
IMPORTANT: The Passport Agency process a limited number of passport applications in the same OR next day. If your international departure requires Same OR next day service, call us immediately at (202) 347-2909 to reserve a slot.
This application process is for applicants:
- Who are applying for a passport for the first time, OR
- Whose prior passport was issued at age 15 or under, OR
- Whose prior passport was issued more than 15 years ago, OR
- Whose expired passport is not in their possession, OR
- Whose current valid passport is damaged.
Applicants who lost a valid passport, CLICK HERE for lost or stolen instructions
Applicants currently age 15 and under, CLICK HERE for child passport instructions
(APPLICANT IDENTITY VERIFIED AND DS.11 SIGNATURE WITNESSED)
- Proof of US Citizenship: Old undamaged passport OR Official Government issued Birth Certificate OR Certificate of citizenship OR Naturalization papers. Please note that proof of citizenship must be original or certified copy. NO photocopies are accepted.
- Letter of Authorization: CLICK HERE for letter of authorization, print two copies
- Proof of Identity: A valid driver's license issued more than 6 months ago. If the applicant does not possess a valid driver's license (state ID/Military ID) , or if license was issued LESS than 6 months ago (even renewal) CLICK HERE for additional proof of identity. Please note that applicants age 16 or 17 without a valid driver's license can have a parent co-sign the application. In this case a Birth Certificate is required.
- Passport Card: If you applying for a passport card it take about 4-6 weeks to issued, additional $ 30 Government fee for the passport card. Please not that the passport card will be mailed directly to you not to US.
- Passport photograph: One passport type photograph is required. Photo must be recent, taken within the last six months, 2x2 inches, front view, full face, in color and on plain light/white background CLICK HERE for more on photos.
- Proof Of Departure: Copy of travel itinerary from airline or travel agency with applicant name, travel date and flight information OR a business letter in your company letterhead CLICK HERE for sample business letter.
- Government Fee(s): Two separate checks or money orders: $ 170 payable to US Department Of State and $ 25 collected by your local Passport Acceptance Agent (explained below). Please write your name and date of birth in the memo section of the check or money order
GET APPLICATION AUTHORIZATION
All first time applicants need to have their application authorized by local Government official called Passport Acceptance Agents located in Post Offices and Courthouses CLICK HERE to find one in your area. The Passport Acceptance Agent job is to check the applicants ID , witness the sign of the passport application form and seal some of the requirements listed above into an envelope.
- The items that are sealed are:
- The signed DS.11 application form
- The original proof of citizenship
- One passport type photograph
- The check or money order to US Department of State $170
- The items that are not sealed:
- The second copy of the DS.11 application form
- The 2 copies of letter of authorization
- The photocopy of the applicant’s driver’s license or the supplemental ID
- The proof of departure (required for URGENT service only)
- Copy of the completed PDF order form
- Tell the Passport Acceptance Agents that you are using Visa Obtainers, Inc. to expedite your passport application. They must return the sealed envelope to you
DS.11 Application for US passport:
- CLICK HERE to access the electronic DS.11
- You must complete this form electronically (failure to use this online application form may delay the issue of your passport)
- This online application form has replaced the hand written application
- Fill out all of the fields on the form
- Click on the "create form" button to generate the completed form
- Print TWO copies of the form, single side only
- A correctly completed application form should have a bar code on the top left corner.
- DO NOT SIGN THE APPLICATION FORM UNTIL YOU APPEAR IN FRONT OF YOUR LOCAL PASSPORT ACCEPTANCE AGENT
- Call us if you have any problems or questions with this form (202) 347-2909
You must complete the Visa Obtainers PDF Order Form
The order form gives us your name, address, shipping information and payment method. Multiple applicants can be entered using one order form. You only need to complete one order form per request. While completing the online order form in this step, you will be asked how you want to pay the processing fees. If you are paying by credit card, please complete the credit card information on the online or PDF order form. You may pay by business, personal check or money order payable to Visa Obtainers, Inc.
Visa Obtainers Order Form
Shipping and Special Instructions
- If your international departure requires next day service, you must ship your passport materials via Federal Express priority overnight for delivery by 10:30AM ONLY, CLICK HERE to search for FedEx location
- If your international departure is not requires next day service ship your passport materials at next day delivery speed using expedited service, FedEx, UPS, ExpressMail, etc.
- After seeing the Passport Acceptance Agent call (202) 347-2909 with the following ready:
- The government sealed envelope
- The photocopy of applicant’s driver’s license or the supplemental ID
- The TWO copies of letter of authorization
- The proof of departure (required for same day or next day service only)
- Copy of the completed PDF order form
- We will checklist your passport materials over the phone and you can make us aware of any special circumstances
- We hand carry your passport application to the US Passport Agency
- We will return your new passport via secure traceable overnight service you select
Send all required documents along with
the a copy of the online or PDF order form to: