Passports must be also renewed if they are MORE THAN ONE YEAR OLD AND STILL VALID , and the applicant needs:
- Change the name in their passport, OR
- To extend a 1 year, temporary passport that is extendable, OR
- To make any sort of amendment in a passport (incorrect/change information)
If your passport is LESS than one year old and you need one of the three services listed above CLICK HERE for name change instructions OR CLICK HERE for extend validity instructions as appropriate.
- Expired or Expiring Passport.
- Letter of Authorization: CLICK HERE for letter of authorization, (print two copies). Hand print and sign, ensure that the courier company name is hand printed, this letter gives Visa Obtainers permission to represent you at the Department of State. We cannot complete your order without this letter of Authorization. Please note that the signature on the letter of authorization must match the signature on the renewal application form DS.82
- Passport photograph: One passport type photograph is required. Photos must be recent, taken within the last six months, 2x2 inches, front view, full face, in color and on plain/white background. CLICK HERE for more on passport photographs.
- Proof Of Departure: Copy of travel itinerary from airline or travel agency with applicant name, travel date and flight information OR copy of airline ticket showing foreign departure OR if travel for business and neither of the above is available, a business letter can be used CLICK HERE for sample business letter. Please note that proof of departure is required for URGENT service ONLY.
- Government Fee(s): $ 170 check or money order for passport only OR $ 200 for passport and passport card must be payable to US Department Of State. Please write your name and date of birth in the memo section of the check or money order.
- If you order a passport card it will be delivered separately and can take an additional 4 weeks.